Monday, June 27, 2011

Jabberwocky - Words!

It always amazes me how quickly a project progresses after the planning stage. Hours and hours on research and layouts and experimentation, and yet the things itself only takes a short amount of time. I suppose that means I did my planning correctly? Here are the shots of the first side of the paper. I'm holding the pen very loosely and barely putting any pressure on it, as well as loading too much ink in the nib, giving it a thick, wobbly, appearance, and trying to mimic the font used in old newspapers. 

I'm fairly happy with it. I still have to decide on a cover (I have no idea at all!) and whether or not I'm going to draw some kind of Jabberwock on it. Suggestions are welcome!

Opps! For some reason I wrote the 'bur' all on a line instead of curving up.

The drip was a happy accident.

I like the upside-down words, and occasion backwards letter. I'm going to be more conscious about adding extras when I write the other side of the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment