As the proud new owner of a wrist brace on the look-out for another that fits my left hand, I may not have as much to show you in the next couple of weeks. So for now, especially since I haven't posted much even though I've been busy busy busy, here's a quick look at where I'm at with the cover for The Tell-Tale Heart. This is embroidered in silk thread (three different shades blended) on leather. It will go over the spine. There are cut-outs between some of the lettters, where you'll be able to see the binding. The cut-out bits are actually a bit too big for the pages, so they'll continue on to the spine. I'm not really sure how that will work quite yet, but I did it anyway figuring I'd work something out that looked cool later. That may or may not be a bad idea in the end. I guess we'll see! It's a same design as the inside cover, and it supposed to look a little erratic, to fit with everything else I've done. That wasn't really hard to do as it's very very difficult to embroider on leather, even thin stuff like this. I left a few thread hanging out.
I finally found the last supply I need, so I just need an tiny knife to cut out a few more shapes and I can put the whole thing together!