Friday, June 25, 2010

He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven - before and after

I finished the last couple panels of calligraphy, and here is how it looked. Then I decided to try and blend the second paper's background into the first a little more, and stupidly started layering ink/watercolour on top of the writing. Which of course smeared it all over the place. I mean, it's glittery. But I sort of liked it, especially since the whole long panel seemed to change as it got to the end anyway, so I ran with it. I put washes of gold over the last bit, and after all that was dry I redid the calligraphy on top where it had gotten washed out.

This is what it looks like all together, so you can sort of see the progression.

And here's a close-up of the last two panels now.

2 comments:

  1. I see what you mean! Another Happy Accident - or was that, application of Skill and Experience!
    It does look lovely and I like the gold wash effect.
    Time to start the binding/assembly now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say it was more of an 'Oh crap, can I fix this?' but we'll tell people it was the plan all along. I'm in the middle of making the back page, and then I think I can put it all together.

    ReplyDelete