I finished the last couple panels of calligraphy, and here is how it looked. Then I decided to try and blend the second paper's background into the first a little more, and stupidly started layering ink/watercolour on top of the writing. Which of course smeared it all over the place. I mean, it's glittery. But I sort of liked it, especially since the whole long panel seemed to change as it got to the end anyway, so I ran with it. I put washes of gold over the last bit, and after all that was dry I redid the calligraphy on top where it had gotten washed out.
This is what it looks like all together, so you can sort of see the progression.
And here's a close-up of the last two panels now.