This is the layer going behind the poem. It has the title and author. It was done in masking fluid with a really thick nib I've never really been able to use but work wonderfully for this. On top of that went a few layers of calligraphy and ink to darken it up. I found it kind of difficult getting the look I wanted with this. It had to be lighter and simpler than the poem layer, but it just never quite looked like I'd done enough. I guess the poem was just too complicated and full of colour. It might look simple, but it's actually very very involved and that makes it difficult to work with if it's not totally plain white, really. Still, turned out all right.
Here's a closeup. I like it. Though after I finished I wondered why I hadn''t done it in the same font as the poem. Old habits, I guess.